Tan Wooi Hong is a Partner of Zaid Ibrahim & Co and heads one of the firm’s Corporate & Commercial Practice Group.
His practice is focused on foreign investments to Malaysia, commercial transactions, takeovers and mergers, corporate finance and securities related transactions, and restructuring exercises.
Wooi Hong has advised on the following noteworthy transactions in Zaid Ibrahim & Co to date:
- Restructuring of an oil & gas major in Malaysia and its proposed rights issue of more than RM1bil.
- Maybank Berhad’s disposal of their Indonesian Islamic Bank.
- Crowdonomics in establishing one of the first equity Securities Commission registered equity crowd-funding platform in Malaysia and ASEAN.
- Khazanah’s investment into Garena Interactive Holding Limited valued at USD170mil.
- Privatisation of two public listed companies (KFC and QSR) by Johor Corporation, EPF and CVC Consortium of combined value of RM5.2bil.
- Acquisition by Asahi Group of Permanis for RM820mil.
- Malaysian counsel for MAHB’s acquisition of Turkish’s second largest international airport and its ensuing RM1.3bil rights issue.
- Joint venture between Malaysia’s Brahim’s and Singapore’ SATS on Halal airline catering business which is valued at over RM600mil.
- Joint venture between Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Sdn Bhd and China Railway Engineering Corporation Ltd with regards to acquiring a 61% stake in Bandar Malaysia development valued at RM7.4bil.
- Joint venture between owners of Jaya Grocer and AIGF for an investment value of RM210mil.
- Khazanah’s disposal of Proton to DRB-Hicom for RM1.2bil.