Lynna Tan is a partner in the Corporate Commercial practice group.
Lynna’s main area of focus is real estate and corporate finance. She has assisted multinationals, both foreign and domestic, with the acquisition, disposal, leasing, and restructuring of their real property assets, and advised property developers in the management and development of land (including structuring of financing facilities). Her experience spans all aspects of property development and management including real estate due diligence, residential and hotel management and multi-state local authority regulatory compliance.
Lynna has also advised on joint venture property developments (both foreign inbound and domestic), cross-border Ringgit and foreign offshore banking facilities and regulatory compliance for foreign direct investment.
- Advised a lighting technology multinational on a two-phase disposal of land and government-lease (simultaneously with a leaseback) valued at MYR180million to a public listed-REIT including structuring interim acquisition options for capital markets law and local authority regulatory compliance
- Advised a consortium of corporate purchasers, guarantors and security providers on their joint acquisition of agriculture land together with a simultaneous and multi-tiered back-to-back sale with seven purchasers for MYR300million
- Represented lessee in negotiating dispute with local authority for the elimination of a MYR5.14million dollar consent fee required for the sub-lease of land and led negotiations in coordination with lessor for a reduction of consent fee for transfer of land rights from MYR20million to MYR450,000
- Advised an investment fund on the acquisition of a real property company and the development of its real estate assets into service residences and negotiated its management and technical services programme with a global luxury hotel management brand
- Advised a Malaysian commercial bank in respect of its MYR80million bridging facility to a development group for the construction of its residential property project
- Assisted a foreign national bank with the preparation and drafting of legal documentation for its credit facilities, offshore banking services, internal processes, and derivatives and foreign exchange products in Malaysia
- Advised a subsidiary of a public listed company on its development of the first and only Build-Own-Operate-Transfer palm fibre oil extraction plant in Malaysia
- Advised a public-listed company on its joint venture to develop a technology park for machine automation with state developer
- Advised a Malaysian commercial bank in structuring an interim-replaceable real estate security for its MYR13.6million credit facility