Zukhairi is a Partner of the Corporate Finance and Securities practice group at Zaid Ibrahim & Co.
Zukhairi is experienced in advising corporate clients in various sectors such as banking, manufacturing, telecommunications, property development, energy, shipping, logistic & warehousing, food chain, retail, venture capital & private equity. Zukhairi has been heavily involved in a wide range of corporate exercises including:
- Equity capital market transactions involving capital raising exercises on exchanges such as Bursa Malaysia, Singapore Exchange, Hong Kong Exchange and London Stock Exchange;
- Mergers & acquisitions involving publicly listed corporations and private corporations, either acting for the seller or the buyer, including advising on foreign direct investment;
- Reorganisation and restructuring of publicly listed corporations and private corporations involving scheme of arrangement, capital reduction and repayment;
- Establishment of Shariah funds, management of the funds, investments, exits and closure of the funds;
- Corporate advisory on other areas of corporate exercise such as management buy-out, take-over, rights issue, restricted offer for sale, derivatives, business trust, employee share scheme and foreign equity offering into Malaysia.
Zukhairi joined the firm as Senior Associate in 2013. In 2019, he was awarded with a prestigious and highly competitive British Chevening Scholarship to pursue his LLM in Corporate Law in the United Kingdom.
Before joining the firm, he was a Senior Associate of an established corporate law firm in Kuala Lumpur. During his stint with the previous law firm, he was requested by PETRONAS to be seconded twice to its legal department in 2012 and 2013 providing legal support to the department. This gave him the exposures to the Oil and Gas sector.