Gilbert is the Managing Partner of Zaid Ibrahim & Co. and heads the firm’s Corporate Finance & Securities practice group. He is recognised as one of Malaysia’s top 100 lawyers by Asia Business Law, and is regarded by the International Financial Law Review, Chambers & Partners and Asia Law Profiles as a leading lawyer. The Asia Pacific Legal 500 has described him as a first-class practitioner.
Corporate exercises undertaken include:
- Take-Overs and Mergers of public companies including reverse take-overs, and Sales and Acquisitions of private companies and businesses.
- Corporate Restructurings.
- Listings and other equity capital raising on Bursa Malaysia and regional stock exchanges, including Due Diligence.
- Exchange Traded Derivatives such as Structured Warrants.
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETF), Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), Private Equity Funds, Unit Trusts and other Collective Investment Fund schemes.
- Joint Ventures and Foreign Direct Investments.
Gilbert joined the firm as partner in 2008. Before joining the firm, he worked abroad in one of Singapore’s largest law firms and subsequently in a Malaysian boutique corporate law firm.